Download MP3 File | Subscribe via iTunes | Digg this | Transcript
Hi and welcome to our first podcast! To listen, just click the play button above.
In our first episode we are fortunate to interview famous venture capitalist Andy Rachleff. Andy is the co-founder of the Silicon Valley venture capital firm Benchmark Capital, the legendary Silicon Valley firm which backed such huge successes as AOL, Juniper Networks, 1-800-Flowers, JambaJuice, Webvan, Ofoto, Friendster and eBay. The formation of Benchmark is famously chronicled in the bestselling book EBoys.
Andy's insights will be of interest to any (aspiring) entrepreneur or venture capitalist. Some choice quotes:
- On getting in the door: "We never meet with companies that aren't referred or where we don't know the entrepreneurs."
- On which type of people to back: "You can always hire execution, you can never hire vision."
- On teaching entrepreneurship: "I don't believe entrepreneurs are created, I believe that they are born."
- On Venture Capital: "It doesn’t matter how many losers you have, all that matters is how big your winners are."
- On _______: "The world's greatest venture capitalist." (You'll have to listen!)
Update! Check out the transcript